Saturday, February 22, 2014

White Knitted Baby Blanket

Well, I've cast on another knitting project.  This time it's a white baby blanket.  I simply cast on 100 stitches and started knitting.  I'm using the Caron One Pound Baby yarn that's in my stash.  I've managed to work a total of 13 rows so far.  Yay!  (I'm a slow knitter.)
I actually like knitting baby blankets because they don't take as long and I usually just use a simple pattern of knit stitches or the Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket pattern on the Lion Brand site.  But, I digress.  I'm supposed to be telling you why I'm making this particular blanket.  You see, I have a daughter.  Yep.  It's Small T.  And no, she's not pregnant.  But, she does have a request.  She wants me to start making things for her future babies.  That might sound a bit weird but I have horrible arthritis and very bad eyesight.  I can see her reasoning behind it.  So, I'll start working on items for this baby hope chest.
I also found out that Small T, aka Miss Particular, also has a Pinterest board called Things I Want My Mom To Make.  It consists of knit and crochet items.  I will have to visit her board and check it out today.  I didn't know she was pinning things like that and I'm excited to see what she's interested in.  Sometimes, my kids just simply amaze me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment