Sunday, February 2, 2014

Inspired By...


I haven't listed an "Inspired By" blog in a few days, so today I thought I would list one that I absolutely love.  It's one of my top 10 favorite blogs.
Today, and every day, I am inspired by the blog, Little Cotton Rabbits.
http://littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/

Basically, this is a blog about knitting (and some crochet) and about her family life.  In particular, about the joys and perils of raising an autistic child.  This really hits home with me because I have a 13 (almost 14) year old nephew, Mickey, that's autistic.  I love him dearly and he loves me back.  That's why I'm his favorite aunt.  :)  We don't live close to each other but that's ok.  When we are together, I let him take the lead (in some things), and we are quite the pair.  I'm his safety net and he's my inspiration.  When he's at my home, it's his home, and he feels safe here, where he's allowed to be himself.  I could go on and on about Mickey, but I won't.  I just wanted to share this blog and hope that it can be a place where others with autistic children or family members can go visit and know that they are not alone.

Not meaning to leave out the knitting part of her blog, you have got to see the most beautiful little animals she knits.  They are gorgeous!  I swear, I'm going to get on her waiting list, and buy one for my first born (future) grandchild.  She offers up some free knitting patterns from time to time as well so if you're a skilled knitter, which I'm not, you might find something here that you like.

This blog has a lot more to offer than what I've mentioned here.  There are some beautiful crochet pieces, some recipes, and much, much more.  Stop by for a visit.  You might be surprised what you find.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment