Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tuesday, Wednesday, and This Morning...

Gosh...it's been a very busy week so far.  I need a break.  Seriously.  :)  So...this morning, I'm taking a tiny break to spend some time with my yarn and to do a bit of baking (in with the laundry and errands, shower, etc. before we leave for the game tonight).  I swear, a woman's work is never done.
 I thought I would share an update on the pink camo baby blanket that I'm knitting.  After de-stressing with some knitting on and off yesterday (which I definitely needed), I was surprised to see that I had worked 33 rows and had the first skein completely used.  Woo Hoo!!!  Can you tell that I really needed to work off some stress?  I usually don't knit that much in a single day.  And let me tell you...I had very little time to do this.  I was working part of a row or a row, putting it down, doing something else, coming back to the knitting later, working on it some more, and so on.  It makes me smile to see this photo though and I needed a bit of a smile.
 This is a bit of a spontaneous photo that I took this morning while baking yet another two loaf batch of beer bread.  I can't tell you how much of this bread I've baked in the past month, but it's a LOT.  I always make 2 loaves a week for Big C and his college roommate and other buddies.  I've made 2 loaves each time and have given away countless loaves of it to others that have suffered the loss of a loved one or just needed a general pick-me-up, but I've not made a single loaf of it for my own home and Medium J said the other day, "really mom...don't you think you could at least make some for here so we don't have to just smell it?".  lol  So that's what I'm doing right now.  I've got 2 loaves in the oven and in 30 minutes Medium J will have some available for eating on.  :)
By the way, if you'd like the recipe for the beer bread, click here.
Then there's the scrap baby blanket.  This is where I currently stand with it.  I have a few more circles to make up and then I'll be able to start adding the squares around the circles.  This morning, I felt like I needed a bit of crochet time since all I've been doing lately is knitting.  So, that's exactly what I did.  And honestly, I need to have taken a shower already and also to have fixed the hook and eye closure on Small T's pageant dress.  I'm procrastinating on doing that and I really don't know why.  Oh well.  I will do it today.  Before 3 pm.  I have to.  Maybe I should tell Big Daddy to make me do it.  lol  I might have to though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment