Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homemade Beer Bread

I'm making this now.


Homemade Beer Bread

3 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (12 oz.) bottle beer (I'm using Michelob Light)
3 tbsp. butter, melted (I'm using Blue Bonnet Light margarine)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 5x9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.  Set aside.

Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.  Add beer and mix until combined.  (Dough will be sticky.)  Place dough in loaf pan.  Pour melted butter over top of loaf.

Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from center.

Serve warm or cold.

*If desired, you can substitute a 12 oz. can of soda for the beer.
(I'm not sure how this would work.  But I would probably try something like Sprite or 7-up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment