Wednesday, September 4, 2013

B-O-O Banner - Scrap Buster Project

Since I've been decorating the yard with Spider Webs, I decided to make a few more Halloween decorations using some of the yarn in my stash.
 Doesn't my front porch look interesting?
(By the way, I found the big spider today at the local dimestore.  It cost me a whole $1.  It goes GREAT with the spider web.)
Anyway, my newest decoration is a B-O-O Banner with candy corn in between.
I found a basic pattern on the internet for banners and went from there.
The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Pumpkin, Bright Yellow, White and Black.  I used a size I hook.  The letters were sewn on with the white yarn and a yarn needle.  The "rope" is the white, yellow and orange yarn held together and I used a sc stitch to attach the individual banners together.  There are 10 sc between each individual banner and 50 sc at each end for tying the banner on the porch rail.
I have plenty of these colors of yarn left, so there's a lot more decorations that I can make in the coming weeks.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment