Friday, June 28, 2013

Tiny Striped Turtle

Last night and a little bit today, I've been working on a tiny little turtle for Small T.  She absolutely loves turtles and now that she has her own car and a brand new driver's license, I thought she needed a little turtle to put in the back windshield or hang from her rear view mirror.  She doesn't know I'm making this and I want it to be a surprise, so it's coming together a bit slower than normal.  I found a bit of time at the pool today and made the four legs/arms.  I hope to get it all sewn together tomorrow as well as getting the head shaped and the eyes added.  After that, I just really hope she will like it.  :)
The pattern for the turtle is called Tiny Striped Turtle and can be found here.  The yarn I'm using is a couple of small balls out of my stash.  They are both Red Heart Super Saver with one being a camo color and the other being a medium thyme, I think.  I'm using a size F crochet hook and it takes just a bit of fiberfill for the stuffing.  I had some in a ziplock sandwich baggie and didn't even use 1/4 of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment