Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tutorial - Nana Square Afghan Edging

I decided to do a tutorial for the edging I put on the Nana Square Afghan.
To begin with, I did 3 rows of dc around the edge of the blanket. Two rows of light blue and one row of navy blue. In each corner, I put 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc. And 1 dc in each st around.
Then, I did one row of (white) sc. With a special stitch to make it look like it was sewn.
In this row, I put 2 sc, ch 1, 2 sc in each corner. Then I did 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, then the special stitch. Instructions are as follows:

Yo,

Insert hook in the next st directly below this row (in the navy blue row). So, where your next st should be made, go to the row below to insert the hook. I hope this makes sense.

Yo,

Pull the yarn back through the st and up even with the white row of sts, yo, and pull yarn through all three loops on hook.
Basically this is an elongated sc st where you've inserted the hook in the row below. To me, it looks similar to a blanket stitch (sort of).

Here is the condensed version of how to make the stitch:
Yo, insert hook in the st of the previous row directly below the next st you would be using, yo, pull yarn through st and up even with the row of white sts, yo, pull yarn through all 3 sts on hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment