Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Taco's

I have a busy day tomorrow, yet again.  We have a couple of doctor appointments and a trip out of town to Wal-Mart for a few items.  So while I'm there, I will do a bit of grocery shopping and then post what I bought and how much I spent as soon as I get the chance.  I won't be using the crock pot tomorrow since I'll have time to actually cook dinner, and since ground beef is on sale again this week, Small T suggested that we have Taco's for dinner since it's something we seldom have.  So that's the plan.  On Friday, I'm subbing at the school, so I'll be breaking out the crock pot again.  I'll probably make a chicken recipe.  I have a few different ones in mind.  Tomorrow morning, I have to spend a few minutes (while drinking my coffee) and make out a shopping list.  I will be shopping at Wal-Mart and at our local grocery store since there are things I need at both places, due to the prices.
I'll see you all soon!  Have a good night!
Shelly

Edited to Add....
I have started making my own taco seasoning for the taco meat.
Here is the recipe I used, with a few comments below.

1 Tbsp. chili powder (I would use a little bit MORE of this.)
1 Tbsp. ground cumin (I would use a lot LESS of this.  I did not care for the overpowering taste of it.)
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1/4 Tbsp. crushed red pepper (I wouldn't use this.  My family doesn't care for hot stuff.)

The recipe didn't say to add water, but over the course of heating this, I added almost 2 cups of water (a little at a time) to the mixture and all of it was soaked up.  I could have probably added more water and it would have still been ok.  I thought the meat needed some liquid because the spices were just "sitting" on top and not mixed in.

Now, I need to add that all of my family liked the taco meat.  Especially Small T as she likes her food to be very flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment