Sunday, January 6, 2013

Grocery Challenge - Week 1

***The grocery challenge will run each week from a Tuesday to the following Monday, simply because that's when our grocery store changes its sale ad.***

Week 1:  Jan. 1st thru Jan. 7th

Well, I haven't been able to do my traditional weekly grocery shopping yet this week.  So my weekly total is going to be quite different than it will normally be.  I went to the grocery store a bit ago (on Sunday) and this is what I bought:
1 loaf of bread $1.39
3 lbs. ground chuck  $5.98
Total (with tax) $7.70

Edited to Add....
This week, on Thursday, we have our annual Soup and Chili Supper for the Band Boosters at school.  I always supply the vegetable soup, so I went back to the grocery store today (Sunday) for some hamburger and carrots, which are both on sale, and are needed for the soup.  I also needed chili powder for tonight's chili, so here's what I bought:

Chili Powder  $1.00
Ground Chuck $5.82
Ground Chuck $5.11
Carrots 2 bags at $1 each
Total (with tax) $14.55

Our monthly check finally arrived on Monday.  So I was able to do a bit more shopping to finish up the first week of the challenge.  Here's what I bought:

1% Milk  $2.19
2 pkgs. flour tortilla at $1 each
4 boxes of saltine crackers at 99 cents each
24 pack of water $2.58
2 pkgs. of hot dogs at 98 cents each
2 pkgs of bacon at $1.99 each
boneless, skinless chicken breasts $2.97
boneless, skinless chicken breasts $2.65
chuck roast $7.29
chuck roast $7.64
stew meat $4.75
stew meat $4.43
Total (with tax) $48.48
Total Grocery bill for the week $70.73



No comments:

Post a Comment