Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dinners....Monday and Tuesday

I have been lax with posting our dinner/supper plans for yesterday and today.

Yesterday, we had LEFTOVER night.  There was leftover Hamburger Helper, Chili, and Orange Chicken.  For those that had the Chili, I also made a Grilled Cheese Sandwich to go with it.

Tonight, the kids have a ball game, so I am making a Pork Stir Fry.  There will be enough left over for Small T to take in her lunch tomorrow, plus some for them to eat if they are hungry after they get back home tonight.  My stir fry is pretty simple.  I will slice some pork really thin, then saute it in a very small amount of oil.  Then I will add a bit of seasoning such as teriyaki or soy, 2 packages of stir fry vegetables, and a little bit of water, and then cook until the vegetables are just tender.  While this is happening, I cook up some rice.  That's it.

Edited to add.....
Big Daddy is in the mood for taco's.  In fact, he's craving them.  It's Taco Tuesday at the sports bar here in town, where the taco's are $1 each.  Since we've only been to Taco Tuesday once before, I will be ordering out a few taco's for him.  I'm still cooking the Pork Stir Fry for the kids and I though.

Edited to add....
I had a few pieces of sirloin pork that I didn't use in the stir fry, so I seasoned them up and baked them in the oven so I could use them for something else over the next day or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment