Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mom's Satchel

Yesterday, my mom called and asked me to make her a satchel like the one I made for my niece for Christmas.  (D-Ray's satchel was called the Artist's Crochet Satchel and I posted about it here .)  I figured my mom wouldn't want the fringe or the diagonal finish across the top.  So I went in search of yarn in my various stashes around the house.  I hit the gold mine in my bedroom closet.  Look at what I found.
 1 skein of Blue Suede, 1 skein of Turqua, and 1 skein of Wildflower.  (All Red Heart Super Saver yarn.)
I chose these colors for the following reasons:
1.  My mom likes blue.
2.  She needs some cheerful colors for the bag since it will be carrying her heart monitor, nitroglycerin pills, and coin purse.
By the way, I'm writing up the pattern for the satchel as I go and will share it with everyone once I get the satchel done.
Here's a sample of what I'm working up.  Of course, I took the photo with my cell phone so I'm not getting a good quality photo that shows the true color hues.
Once I get this worked up, I'm going to ask my sister Marie (sister #4) to whip up a basic lining for the inside of the satchel.  That way nothing falls through the crochet stitches.
On a side note, I'm enjoying the Stash Buster Challenge.  I'm not only making things that are on my list but using up yarn that's sitting around the house.  And the best part is that I'm being totally surprised and thrilled at what I'm finding in the various stashes around the house.  It's like finding "new" yarn since I forget what all I have put away.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be lovely the colours match perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cool - great idea Shelly
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both! I have the satchel finished and it's at my sister's getting the lining made for it. Then I can stitch it in and reveal the photos.

    ReplyDelete