Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Art Class

Yesterday, I subbed for the Art Teacher at school (she has the dreaded flu).
I like subbing in this class.  In fact, I wish I could be in her class as a student all day long.  :)
 Here's something in her room that I love seeing posted.
It's titled "Permissions" and I think it sums up a lot of points in a splendid fashion for the art students.
 Here's something else that I love seeing on the wall.  It's soooo true.  I have a child that has to actually do something before he will remember how to do it.
 Something else that I like is that the Art Teacher saves everything and incorporates a lot of "recycled objects" in the art projects.  She even has a list of items to save and what you can use it for.
 In this photo, go to the bottom right.  See the fish with the paper curls in it?  Some of the students were doing "paper curling" and then using them to create art.  They were very interesting and I loved seeing all the different things they were creating.
Some of the other students were working on Triptych Panels.  I didn't know what they were, so I copied the page that explains it.  I think if you click on the photo, you might be able to zoom it in when it goes to the other viewing page.  It's worth a try, in any case.
Then, I had other students working on Rotational Design.  I don't have anything to show you for it, but it was very interesting and the students were coming up with some really creative projects using this method.
So...that's my day in the Art Class.  I hope you enjoyed my blog post about it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment