Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm Back...

(my mom's senior picture)

I am so glad to be back home!  I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.  After all, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed, sitting in your favorite chair, and having your own computer available for unlimited usage.

On the other side of the coin, it's always wonderful to see family members that you don't get to see very often.  There's so much catching up to do, that you get very little sleep because you have a lot of stuff to talk about.  Then, when it's time to go, it's so hard to say goodbye.  I'm not a sappy person and I was actually thinking about crying yesterday when we left.  I hated to leave.  I wanted more time with my family.

We made the trip south on Saturday morning to go see my mom (and the sister and her family that mom lives with).  Mom has been quite ill this past week, most of which was spent in the hospital.  Big Daddy considers my mom his mom as well and it's been very hard on him emotionally this past week.  He's been sabotaging his own health because of worrying about her.  So it was necessary for him to see her and be assured that she will be ok for the moment.  He needed to get his health back on track, and if this was the only way to do it, then so be it.

While we were away, Small T and I made arrangements with one of my sister's friends to go shopping for Small T's dress for the upcoming Sweetheart Dance at school.  It took about 4 hours of serious shopping, but we managed to find a dress (the last one she tried on), shoes, 2 new bra's, a pair of black leggings, and a red chiffon blouse for her.  We also managed to find socks for the cheerleading squad along with Big C for the Pink Out Game that's coming up at school.  The Pink Out Game is where all the proceeds from that game are donated to cancer survivors in our area.  The kids like to wear pink socks, etc. to show their support during the game.  I want you to know that until Saturday, I have NEVER paid $134.90 for socks before.  EVER.  It was a real shell-shocking moment for me.  :/

Before we said goodbye, I made a quick trip to their grocery store to stock up on some meat.  They have tremendously good prices on just about everything.  I will do a post today for the Grocery Challenge and share all the details.  My mom and my sister also gifted our family (Big Daddy and I) with meat as well.  This was part of our Christmas from them.  We were supposed to spend the holidays together but Big Daddy had his heart attack and we had to cancel our travel plans.

This morning, Small T had to be at work by 9, so it was up at 7:30 for the two of us.  Once I got back home, I washed and dried the cheerleading and basketball uniforms because they have games tonight.  (Yes, even though there is NO school today.)  The games are at 7 and 8:30 pm.  Thank goodness they aren't very far away from here.  They are in the next town over, which is about 10 miles.  Otherwise they would be getting home really late and they do have school tomorrow.  I also laid out some meat to thaw.  We will be having Small T's favorite....Hamburger Helper.  But, I will be making my own instead of using the boxed mix.  The rest of my morning/afternoon will be spent washing dishes (we must have a ghost that drinks because I swear I washed all the dishes before we left), crocheting, and planning next week's meals.  I also plan to watch a little tv, starting right now with Alaska State Troopers.  So....I'll catch up with you all in a little while. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment