Monday, January 21, 2013

Grocery Challenge - Week 3

Week 3:  Jan. 15th thru Jan. 21st

This past week, I didn't do very well on my grocery challenge.  I didn't spend any money at all until yesterday, then I did one big shopping trip.  AND  I went over budget.  Yep.  I didn't mean to, but I did.  I shopped at Harter House in the southern Missouri town where one of my sisters lives.  They have great meat deals on a daily basis.
Here's what I bought:
3 pkgs. of Kraft American Singles
2 pkgs. of Shredded Cheese
8 (2 liters) of soda (for my house and my sisters)
16 cans of vegetables
1 jar of Lite Kraft Mayo
ketchup
peaches
2 cans of pineapple slices
6 cans of crushed tomatoes
3 family packs of boston burger (3+ lbs. each)
2 pkgs. of shaved turkey breast
4 (3 lb.) pkgs. of BLSL chicken breasts
4 bottles of ERA laundry detergent
2 boxes of freezer bags
Grand Total $106.32 ($31.32 over budget)  I will say that $17.34 (plus tax) of this was spent on non-food items.

My mom and my sister bought my family some groceries for our Christmas gift (belated).
Here's what they bought us:
5 family packs of boston burger
3 pkgs. of BLSL chicken breasts
various cans of vegetables and fruit (I didn't count them)


Then, we stopped at Wal-Mart to get bread in the town just before arriving home.  NEVER take your family with you when you are trying to stick to a budget.  DON'T DO IT.  Trust me.
Here's what I bought:
2 containers of Sherbet
3 pkgs of frozen broccoli
1 pkg. of sliced turkey
3 lunchables
1 pkg. of low fat block cheese
1 container of egg substitute
1 box of lite margarine sticks
1 box no salt crackers
1 box orzo
5 cans of tuna
2 loaves of whole grain bread
Grand Total $28.18 (Total over budget for the week is $59.50 which will come off next week's grocery budget)

No comments:

Post a Comment