Friday, January 18, 2013

Scarves

Yesterday, I had a retired school teacher approach me and ask if I could take the 2 skeins of yarn she had bought and make her a scarf out of it.  I could choose the pattern and everything.  
The 2 skeins of yarn were Homespun Fiesta.  I looked through Ravelry for patterns and found 2 that I liked.
The one on the left is The Belle Scarf on the Lion Brand site.  Here's the link http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-belle-scarf .
The one on the right is called the Easy and Pretty Crocheted Scarf.  Here's the link http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-and-pretty-crochet-scarf .
Each scarf took one skein.  
In fact, the Belle Scarf took just less than a skein.  I had a very small ball of it left over.
I worked on the 2 scarves last night and this morning and was able to give them to her husband today.  He's a bus driver at school, so I knew I'd see him.
I hope she enjoys getting 2 scarves instead of 1.

2 comments:

  1. thank you! i didn't have a model at home or i would have been able to post a better photo.

    ReplyDelete