Sunday, January 13, 2013

Overnight Crock Pot Oatmeal

Last night, I made the Overnight Crock Pot Oatmeal before going to bed.
The photo shows what it looks like before it's cooked.
Here's how you do it.  (I've posted this recipe before.)

Throw 2 sliced apples, 1/3 c. of brown sugar, and 1 tsp. of cinnamon in the bottom of the crock pot.  
Pour 2 c. of oatmeal and 4 c. of water on top.  Do NOT stir.
Cook overnight for 8 to 9 hours on low.

****Notes:  This morning when I ate a bowl of it, I decided that I should have peeled the apples instead of just slicing them.  I don't care for the skin in the oatmeal.  Also, my oatmeal turned out runny.  So...I'll use a bit less water next time.  (Timna's turned out thick, so I think it's the difference in our crock pots.  Check yours out before you adjust the water too much.)  Also, I didn't stir it up before cooking.  This left a hard crust on the top the next morning.  Next time I'll stir it and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment