Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Last Week...

Even though I've been bored to death, there has been a lot going on in the last week.
 I joined all the turqua and cherry red granny squares together and then edged the blanket with a shell border.  There are 35 squares total with a one round turqua center and five rounds of cherry red yarn.  I used a size I crochet hook.  All of the yarn was out of my yarn stash, so this blanket ends up being a Stashbusting for Stashaholics project as well as something pretty for my household.  :)
The day after my surgery,  Mr. & Mrs. Friez brought by some lovely cupcakes for the family.  Let me tell you, they tasted fabulous!  Mrs. Friez is the school's Music teacher.  :)
I don't have a photo of it, but on Friday, my friend, Vicki, brought by dinner for the family - BBQ'd beef sandwiches, sloppy joe's, and poppy seed muffins.  Yum!
 Our Cherry Tree (in the back yard) is in full bloom.  Looks like I'll be making a lot of jelly and jams this summer!  Yay!  And I'll also have a lot of cherries to trade for other produce as well.
 I made these two "Colorful Coasters" using some cotton out of my yarn stash.  The pattern can be found by clicking here (just scroll down the page a bit once you get there).  This project is also a Stashbusting for Stashaholics project since the cotton came out of my stash.
 Last Saturday, I had a lot of visitors.  To my dismay, I didn't get photos of all of the visitors though.  First, my sister-in-law, her daughter and grandsons came down to visit.  These grandsons are my great-nephews Muffin Man and Blue Boy.  Remember them?  While they were here, my sister, Dea (in above photo with our mom) came walking around the corner of my house, holding her face, and dripping blood down her arm.  I opened the door, said..."We have blood" and everyone scattered to get "stuff"....washcloths, bandaids, neosporin, etc..  We have so much practice with blood that we're used to these type of injuries.  lol  Dea is a tough act, let me tell you, and she was afraid to look and see how bad the cut was, but it wasn't nearly as bad as we thought.  She was mowing the yard and something hit her in the face.  It busted her blood vessel and she's completely black and blue now, but it was only a tiny cut that bleed a LOT.  The front of her shirt was soaked and it had run all down her arm as well.  Anyway, she's good now.
 Later that afternoon, Dea brought her grandkids over for a visit.  Here's little Kinzie.  She was cuddled up in bed with me and we took about 20 "selfies".  lol
 And also, Mr. Kurryn, Kinzie's brother.  He's a pistol.  Let me tell you.  Such a sweet smile.  They live in Oklahoma, and will be heading back home asap.
 I started...
 And finished....the baby sized version of the Living Room Afghan Pattern.  You can find it here.  I used 2 whole skeins of I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby in the color Arctic Ice.  This is the Worsted Weight yarn.  I used a size I crochet hook.  This baby blanket will be one of three that I'm making for my niece, Z, who is expecting.
 I wanted to include this photo as we've had some beautiful skylines in the evening hours this past week.  This one was particularly colorful with the pink sky mixed in.
The next baby blanket I started was Beth's Little Star Afghan.  Click here for the pattern.  I'm using Hobby Lobby WW I Love This Yarn in the color Buttercup.  My niece is really interested in swaddling the baby and wants this star shaped blanket for the swaddling.  I am in love with the Buttercup color.  It's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment