Sunday, January 5, 2014

Scrap Baby Blanket - Stash Busting For Stashaholics

Well, I sat down today and wove in all the ends (there wasn't as many as I thought there were) then started on the border.  I did 2 rows of white dc around then 1 row of green sc.  I am very satisfied with how it looks, so I stopped there.  The Scrap Baby Blanket, after a month or more of sitting, is now finished!  :)
 I took this photo standing directly over it.
And I took this photo sitting on the couch at an angle to the blanket in hopes of getting a better perception of the colors.  I think it worked.
This blanket is the first project for the Stash Busting For Stashaholics Challenge that I have completed for 2014.  If I had finished it in time, it would have been listed in the 2013 Stash Buster Challenge, but I didn't get it done in time.
All yarn for the project came out of my stash.  In fact, most of it came out of a bag of yarn that one of my sisters bought at a garage sale a couple of years ago.  I just kept passing it over every time I was in search of something to make until one day I just picked it all up and said I'm going to use this.  Now, I'm glad I did.  The blanket is cute.  Maybe not something that's to my particular taste, but hey...someone should like it.  Anyway, I can't tell you the colors of the yarn I used as they didn't have any labels on them.  In the end, I can now mark one of the four projects off my WIP list.  Woo Hoo!
By the way, I used the Bouncy Ball Baby Blanket Free Pattern for the squares.  You can find the pattern by clicking here.  I joined the squares as I went and made up the border.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Shelly the colours all blend in so well together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shelly this was one of the most clicked links on the January stash link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a really good surprise for me! I'm glad I made it now. Because I really didn't like it when I was making it. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete