Well, I sat down today and wove in all the ends (there wasn't as many as I thought there were) then started on the border. I did 2 rows of white dc around then 1 row of green sc. I am very satisfied with how it looks, so I stopped there. The Scrap Baby Blanket, after a month or more of sitting, is now finished! :)
I took this photo standing directly over it.
And I took this photo sitting on the couch at an angle to the blanket in hopes of getting a better perception of the colors. I think it worked.
This blanket is the first project for the Stash Busting For Stashaholics Challenge that I have completed for 2014. If I had finished it in time, it would have been listed in the 2013 Stash Buster Challenge, but I didn't get it done in time.
All yarn for the project came out of my stash. In fact, most of it came out of a bag of yarn that one of my sisters bought at a garage sale a couple of years ago. I just kept passing it over every time I was in search of something to make until one day I just picked it all up and said I'm going to use this. Now, I'm glad I did. The blanket is cute. Maybe not something that's to my particular taste, but hey...someone should like it. Anyway, I can't tell you the colors of the yarn I used as they didn't have any labels on them. In the end, I can now mark one of the four projects off my WIP list. Woo Hoo!
By the way, I used the Bouncy Ball Baby Blanket Free Pattern for the squares. You can find the pattern by clicking here. I joined the squares as I went and made up the border.