Monday, January 20, 2014

Knitted Toddler Blanket

The name, Knitted Toddler Blanket, is a total misnomer.  There's nothing toddler sized about it.  I made one of these before.  If you click here, you can see it.  It was Navy & Gray in color.  And I absolutely loved it when it was finished.  But I hated making it.  So...what do I do.  I start another one of them today.  Yep.  I need my head examined.  But, the first one was for Muffin Man and now Blue Boy needs one too.  (Muffin Man and Blue Boy are brothers.)  I dug around in my stash of yarn downstairs last night and found 4 skeins of Red Heart With Love in Holly Berry and 1 skein of Pewter.  That should be enough to make this blanket if I switch up the size of the stripes.
 Here I am casting on the 125 stitches and starting the first row of knitting.
 I quickly worked a couple of rows because once I get them done, I won't rip it out and pretend it never existed.
And now, I have 10 rows done.  I have to keep going.  No turning back.  
The last blanket took me forever so I will have to stay on top of this one so it doesn't take me forever too.

2 comments:

  1. Great start to your blanket :-) I do that, too: make another project I didn't like making the first time. Pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. it makes a wonderful blanket, but i get tired of it about half way through because i'm a slow knitter. i think this time i will set myself a daily goal or weekly goal and maybe it will go faster.

      Delete