Friday, January 3, 2014

Crochet Mood Blanket 2014

While browsing through the blog http://www.lemondedesucrette.com/ , I came across a post talking about the Crochet Mood Blanket 2014 project.  http://www.lemondedesucrette.com/2014/01/03/crochet-mood-blanket-2014-1/  
I clicked through to a link http://instagram.com/p/ieKToCPWdi/ and found this explanation of the project (by mummy_stacey) :

 Right I realised that I haven't put a post on with all the info for the #crochetmoodblanket2014challenge!! It's all over the place just like the dyslexic frantic Mumma that I am!!! I really wasn't expecting so many people to join in, thought there would be about 10 at the most, must be about 200 now, maybe more (wonder how I could find out for sure... ponder ponder)!!! 😄 Will try and put all the info on THIS post to make it easier! If anyone asks you for more info, please direct them to this post, thanx 😘 So, really the only rule is that you crochet/knit a square or stripe everyday (or once a week if that suits you better) in 2014 using a colour that you feel reflects your mood. The colour choices are totally up to you! I think it's important that you use colours that you like so that it doesn't get boring. Plus you'll want a blanket you'd like to keep after all that hard work!! I'm personally using stylecraft and will be calling on the wonderful@mycraftlife for more yarn when I need it!! The amount of rounds is up to you! I think I'm going to do 4 rounds as I think I'll find that manageable! Most people doing the 365 are doing 4/5, the 52 people are doing more so they get a big blanket too ☺ A few lovely people including @charliebarleymo have said that they're going to do 15x24 squares or 18x20 or even 19x19. That leaves a few extra squares left so you can either give yourself a few days off, or do a border for those days. If you're a newbie to crochet @girlybunches has lots of lovely easy to follow YouTube videos (link on her page) or there's always Lucy from Attic24's blog which is fab!! Hmm... Think that's everything??? Hope that helps?? Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know and I'll pop it on the comments on this post! Happy hooking everyone!! And thank you, I'm totally overwhelmed!! See you on Jan 1st !!!xxx

So...I really like the idea of this blanket.  I just have to decide if I have the staying power to stick with this world wide challenge if I were to accept it.  I would only be a couple of days behind so I could easily catch up with the squares today.  I will have to think on this and let everyone know what I decide.  What do you all think?  Is this something that interests you?

No comments:

Post a Comment