Thursday, January 9, 2014

Next Project

Even though I still have two WIP's left to work on, I decided to start the next project on my list.
 A friend brought me a small gift bag of yarn that she had bought at a garage sale (as she liked the texture of it) and asked me to make her something out of it.  She didn't care what I made.  Personally, I've never seen this brand of yarn before and I was dazed when I read the label...it cost $1.16 per skein.  Wow!  Wonder how long this yarn was in someone's stash???
 There were 2 skeins of yarn and a partially worked piece in the bag.  The skeins are knitting worsted weight and contain only 4 oz. each, so they aren't very big.  The yarn is made of 60% Creslan and 40% Nylon.  I personally think they are kind of scratchy, but they do have a nice fuzzy texture if you like that sort of thing.
I started my friend a scarf out of this yarn.  It's just something basic and I'll put fringe on the ends.  If there's enough yarn left over, I'll make a hat to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment