Monday, January 6, 2014

Knit A Block A Week Challenge

It took me three days, but I finished my first block for the Knit A Block A Week Challenge.  I did a basic knit stitch block.  Nothing fancy, as I'm not the best at knitting, even though I enjoy it.  I'm using some Caron Simply Soft yarn out of my stash for this project.  I think I have enough of it for it to be a Stash Busting project as well.  But you never know.  This square is the color "Bone".  I used size 8 knitting needles.  I cast on 40 stitches and not counting the cast on row or the casting off row, I knitted a total of 65 rows.  This is what made the block a "square".  It was matched up evenly along all the sides when I was finished.  I left a long tail after casting off the stitches so I can join this block with the next one when I get it finished.

4 comments:

  1. it's turned out lovely and neat Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly, I'm visiting from Linda's Block a Week link party. This is a great starting square, and I've made up some of these to send to the charity LILY because they're nice & squishy & warm! Good luck with your knitting, these squares are a great way to learn new stitches & techniques ;) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you like my starting square. And thanks for the good luck wishes. :)

      Delete