Friday, January 17, 2014

Crochet "S" - Stash-Busting For Stashaholics

Using yarn from my stash, I made myself 11 little granny squares.
Ch 4.  Join to form a ring.
Round 1- Ch 2, 2 dc in ring; *3 dc in ring, ch 2; repeat 2 more times; ch 2, join to top of beg ch 2.
Round 2- ch 1, sc in each st around, working (sc, ch 2, sc) in each corner.
Fasten off.
 Inspired by the Crochet Letters on the blog, Homemade @ My Place

 I crocheted the squares together.
 Grabbed a piece of cardboard and started sewing my "S" onto it, since I wanted it to have a bit of sturdy backing.
 Then I cut around the edge of the S.
 And I didn't pay a bit of attention to what I was doing.
 And cut the yarn (in several places) that was holding the S down.
 So I sewed it down again and taped the yarn ends down.
And Ta-Da!!!!!  The "S" is finished.  I'm going to add a bit of clear fishing line to the back and hang it up on the wall in my bedroom.....my "purple" bedroom.  :)

2 comments: