Friday, January 17, 2014

Little White Christmas Tree

Wed., I sat down and made "Caught On A Whim"'s, Crochet Spiral Christmas Tree.  http://www.caughtonawhim.com/2013/12/lets-crochet-christmas-tree-ornament.html  I thought it was cute, but I made another one and tweaked the pattern a bit by adding two more rows of crochet.  Then, I made the original pattern a second time and sewed it to the one I made, matching up the inner side.  Then I wound it into a Christmas Tree shape and this is what I ended up with.  It's a lot fuller, which is what I wanted.  I have spent 3 whole days though trying to sew it together so it won't fall apart and I ripped it out many times until I got the fullness that I wanted.
So...today, I come home from school and take the tree out of my bag.  I've had the following comments, "Oh, you made Max (the cat) a hat" and my favorite, "Look, a party hat!" and the person that said it proceeds to put it on top their head.  I am seriously thinking of trashing this cute little tree now.  I can't stand snide comments from the peanut gallery.  :(  I was going to decorate this up but right now, it's just going to sit around until I get my feelings "unhurt".

No comments:

Post a Comment