Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Picot & Lace (Baby) Sweater - Stash-busting For Stashaholics

 See this little jar of buttons on the right?  It was in my Christmas stocking this year.  Smart of Santa (me) to buy it and stick it in there.  I couldn't believe that it was a whole dollar at Michael's.  I only bought the one buttons though.  I probably should have bought a few of the other colors as well.  Especially for a dollar a piece.  Anyway, I digress.  I broke out these white buttons and used 3 of them for the little Picot & Lace (baby) Sweater.
 It only took a few moments to sew the buttons on the sweater.
And it was finished!
I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn in White.  About a half of a skein of yarn.  Maybe a touch more.  This yarn came out of my bag of (stash) Simply Soft yarn downstairs.  That makes this a Stash-busting For Stashaholics project.  :)  Woo Hoo!  The pattern can be found by clicking here.

7 comments:

  1. It came out very nice. How did you work the sleeves? The pattern is not very clear on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i evenly spaced my stitches around the sleeve opening. i did a total of 25 stitches and that includes the beg ch 2. it's a few more stitches than the pattern calls for, but i think it makes less "holes" in the finished product. hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely Shelly, so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your baby sweater. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete