Thursday, January 9, 2014

Inspiration...

Inspiration is fleeting today.  Probably because I woke up late.  In fact, it was 45 minutes late.  When I stumbled into the kitchen, I found a huge "mess".  Big C was making breakfast for himself and Little Ty.  He was frying bacon and cooking eggs.  Of course, he didn't clean up anything.  Being a NON-MORNING person, I have a bad temperament in the mornings so I just ignored what was happening, grabbed a cup of coffee (at least he turned the pot on...good thinking on his part), and opened the front door to find snow.  Yep.  It snowed during the night.  So...I had to get dressed and go out to clean off Small T's car and get it started so she could go to school.  But that didn't happen.  She didn't go to school.  And I had already cleaned off her vehicle and warmed it up.  She didn't go because she's down with a migraine.  So...it was back outside to clean off my vehicle and warm it up in a hurry in order to get Little Ty to school on time.  My morning just didn't start off well.  Not a good sign.

My day isn't going to be any better when I finally get started with it.  I'm procrastinating.  It's after 11 a.m. and here I sit in absolute avoidance.  But I can't avoid it forever.  I have to clean up the breakfast mess in the kitchen and I also have to start on Big C's huge mountain of dirty laundry as he's leaving for college tomorrow morning.  Somewhere in all of this, I need to pay the bills, go to the bank, get Little Ty from school at 3, gas up Big C's truck, take out the trash, go to the grocery store, and pick up the house so I can find everything that Big C has scattered about and needs to take back to college with him.  It's a huge amount of "to-do's" and I'm avoiding it like the plague.  Part of that is because I'm going to miss Big C.  The other part is probably just laziness.  I will admit it.

With all of that said, I will post a blog that is inspiring me today (and yesterday for a bit).  I won't be able to visit a blog each day, but while I'm in the mood for it, I'm enjoying sharing what I'm finding that inspires me while visiting the blog.

Today's inspirational blog is called My Rose Valley http://myrosevalley.blogspot.com/.

She has so much to offer on her blog.  I loved seeing ALL of it.  I do know how to sew, but I just don't do it, so seeing all of the sewing, quilting, and such, she almost makes me want to get my sewing machine back out.  She also does a lot of crocheting.  Now, that's right up my alley.  She even has some free crochet patterns that she offers on her blog.  It's lovely to read about her kids and family, her vacations, her home, the flea markets, etc..  She's very down-to-earth and I enjoy seeing other people that admit it along with me.  She shows the messy side of being a mom...toys scattered, etc., with both photos and her writing.  It makes me smile.

As for what inspired me, in particular, here's a list:
A link to another blog featuring "10 Different Ways To Join Granny Squares"
Craft Market Tips & Tricks (this is how to set up a craft booth)
Her love & her collection of vintage table cloths (I collect them too!)
the free pattern - The Maybelle Square Crochet Pattern
The Sweet Heart Crochet Pattern (it's free too)
The Lovely Gypsy Blanket she crocheted (over many months)
Nelly's Stripy Crochet Bag
Her collection of handkerchiefs (I have one too)
Her crochet Christmas Ripple using colors I would never have thought to combine - 2 different shades of gray, white, red and burgundy.  I would never have combined red and burgundy.  It's beautiful!
The Stripe Generator link (Biscuits and Jam blog)
and finally...the Daisy Square Tutorial

So...if you have some time (especially a few hours or days), stop by and visit her blog.  It's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment