Saturday, October 19, 2013

Button Flap Beanie and Posh Baby Booties (Stash Buster Project)

Yesterday, I finished up another set of hat and booties for Little Miss Olivia.  
This set matches her baby blanket that's on her bed.
My niece-in-law likes non-traditional colors in earth tones, just so you know.
 The little hat is called the Button Flap Beanie (in size 3 months).  The free pattern can be found here .  I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn in the color Bone.  The two little clear brown buttons were out of my sewing box.
 These are called the Posh Crochet Baby Booties Pattern.  You can find the pattern by clicking here .  These are also done in the Caron's Simply Soft yarn in Bone.
I had a bit of trouble deciding on the button(s) to use on the hat.  I even took photos of each button and asked opinions before making the final decision.  lol
 These were the two clear brown buttons.
 This was a black button that looked like a marble counter top.
And then there was the brown wooden button with a tuba on it.
In the end, the two little brown buttons won out simply because I didn't want the hat to look to boyish.  But I liked the tuba button the best.
The yarn I used for both of these projects came out of my yarn stash, so these count as stash buster projects for me.  :)  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment