Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Book Nook

The last book I read was "Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1: The Ruins of Gorlan" by John Flanagan and it's one I re-read and have in my personal library. In fact, I have the entire series consisting of five books. I really enjoyed this book and it's something that appeals to your pre-teen boys in particular. Here is the excerpt off the back of the book.
"Warrior
The Rangers with their shadowy ways, have always made him nervous. And now fifteen-year-old Will has been chosen as a Ranger's apprentice. But what he doesn't yet realize is that the Rangers are the protectors of the kingdom and who will fight the battles before the battles reach the people. And there is a large battle brewing. The exiled Morgarath, Lord of the Mountains of Rain and Night, is gathering his forces for an attack on the kingdom. This time he will not be denied...."
If you are interested in this type of thing, you should give it a try. It's a very good read and I'm on Book 2 right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment