Friday, August 21, 2009

The Book Nook

I'm into the whole "Vampire, Werewolf, Witches, Angels, Fairy's, etc." scene right now, so it only goes to follow that the last two books I read revolved around these subjects. I'm also one who buys a lot of books for her own library here at home and I buy both new and used books. My teens and I read quite a bit and we share a similar taste in what we like to read. I'm really big on starting a series and then collecting all of the books, so it goes to say that if I can find a book that is actually a collection of books 1 and 2 in a series, then I buy it. It not only saves me money, but I get to read the first two books at the same time. That's what the last two books I read were....collections of either the first 2 or first 3 books in a series. These books were:
"Wicked" by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie containing the books "Witch" and "Curse"
"Thirst - Human Urges, Fatal Consequences. No. 1" by Christopher Pike containing the books "The Last Vampire", "Black Blood", and "Red Dice"

Over the summer, I have to say that I have read a lot of books and the ones that really stand out to me are:
The Harry Potter Series - I have always wanted to read these books but never got around to it. I loved them!
The Vampire Academy Series
The House of Night Series
I've also read several other books, but these are the ones that I enjoyed the most and can think of at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment