Saturday, September 17, 2011

Skinny Scarf (Free Knook Pattern)


Last night, I also finished up my very first "Knook" project. I also wrote up a quick free pattern off of it. It's for a Skinny Scarf. Now, if you don't know what it means when I say "Knook" you really should look it up on the internet and find yourself a kit to purchase. I LOVE this type of knitting. You use a special crochet hook and cord. I've tried knitting with the needles but I'm not that great at it. I'm still trying to learn though. But teaching myself is harder than I thought it would be. In any event...give the "Knook" a try. I think you'll like it! (I bought my kit at Wal-Mart in the craft section by the crochet hooks and knitting needles. It cost $6.97.)

So...here's my free Knook Pattern for a Skinny Scarf. Enjoy!
Materials Needed:
Size I Knook
Worsted Weight yarn (I used Red Heard in Medium Thyme)

Chain 10. Pick up 10 stitches on the knook.

Row 1- Knit across.
Repeat Row 1 for pattern until the scarf is the length you want it. Bind off all stitches loosely in knit.
Weave in loose ends.
Cut lengths of yarn for fringe and add to both ends of the scarf.
That's it! Easy Peasy!
Small T loves the little scarf so much, she's adopted it and has been modeling it around the house this morning. Hope you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment