Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cherry Tree


My last remaining cherry tree is in full bloom! Isn't she pretty? I hope this means that I will have lots and lots of cherries to pick. I did have three cherry trees, but last summer, one was hit by lightning and we had to cut it down. The other one died during the winter.

I always share my bounty of off the cherry trees in my yard, so I'm hoping that this one will have a good supply in a month or so. We use the cherries to make blackberry/cherry jelly and jam. It's wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Shelly! Last night, my husband and I stayed in Sikeston {Missouri} on our way home {Mississippi} from a week in Wausau {Wisconsin}. While in WI, among other things, I made a potato~chip scarf that was inspired by your pix in your blog! grins, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra! Sikeston is a bit of a ways away from us. Did you enjoy your overnight stay there? I can honestly say, I've never been there. Hope you had a good trip to WI. I can't wait to see a photo of the potato chip scarf you made. They are so easy to do and look really great when they are finished! I'm glad my blog inspired you to make one! Hope you made it home to MS ok.

    ReplyDelete