Sunday, January 24, 2010

Posting one of my own patterns

I am now working on Baby Afghan #5 and it's one of my own patterns. So I decided to share it with you.

Basic Baby Afghan

white Baby Bernat yarn (MC - main color)
blue Baby Bernat yarn (stripe color)
pink Baby Bernat yarn (stripe color)
G hook

Note: You can make the stripes any colors that you wish....or you can make it a solid color instead of putting in stripes.

Note: This is also a fairly good sized baby afghan meant to be used in the crib.

ch 153.

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across.
Row 2: ch 1, turn. sc in each st across.
Row 3: ch 3 turn. dc in each st across.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 for pattern, ending with row 2 when it's the size you want. I aim for about 40" long.

I will do 6 rows of the MC (white), then do 2 rows of a stripe color, alternating colors, then 6 rows of the MC, then 2 rows of a stripe color, etc., ending the afghan with 6 rows of white.

Edging:

Row 1: ch 3, do not turn, working down the side of the afghan, dc evenly down the side, put 3 dc in the corner st, dc evenly across the bottom, put 3 dc in corner st, dc evenly up the side, put 3 dc in the corner st, dc evenly across. When you get to the corner, put 2 dc and join with a sl st to the top of the ch 3.

Row 2: ch 1, do not turn, working down the side of the afghan, sc in each st, put 3 sc in the middle dc of the corner, sc in each st across, put 3 sc in the middle dc of the corner, sc in each st up the side, put 3 sc in the middle dc of the corner, sc across, putting 2 sc in the corner and joining with a sl st to the beg ch 1. Finish off.

Note: For the edging, I like to do it in the two stripe colors that I used in the afghan. With Row 1 being one color and Row 2 being the other color.

**Feel free to share this pattern.**
***It is my Original Design - I wrote it at the table this morning.***

No comments:

Post a Comment