Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Book Nook

Well, I thought I would list some of the books I have read over the past few weeks since Christmas. I was the lucky recipient of several books as gifts, plus we went on our annual early Jan. book shopping expedition on Jan. 1st. I was upset during the shopping trip as several of the books I was looking for were unavailable because they were out of stock. So, I had to do some quick revising and I even gave in to a few requests of the kids. Anyway, here is what I've read lately:

Changeling
Darkling
Dragon Wytch
Night Huntress

These books are the follow-up to Witchling which I read earlier in December. They are all by Yasmine Galenorn and are of The Otherworld Series. I love these books but they are definitely for adults.

The Last Apprentice - Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney (Book One of the Series). I have the first five books. My youngest son talked me into this series during our book buying trip. This is a good paranormal type fantasy book for young adults.

Another new series for our house (and definitely the adults, not children) is:

The Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris

Dead Until Dark
Living Dead in Dallas
Club Dead
Dead to the World
Dead as a Doornail
Definitely Dead

These are the first 6 and I've read them all. I enjoyed them immensely. I am currently reading the 7th book:

All Together Dead

And I have book 8 waiting in the sidelines to be read:

From Dead to Worse

Most of the reading I've done was during last week when I was holed up in bed sick. Although I do have to admit that I go on book reading spree's every now and then and honestly, there's nothing like a good book, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment