Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baking Today

Well...I'm baking today. Or I should say that I baked today. I'm finished now. I am the Band Booster President for our school band and our yearly fundraiser is a monthly movie night for the kids at school. The K-6th grade views their movie first and the 7th-12th grades view their movie afterwards. Part of the movie experience is going to the concession stand and the band parents provide baked goods for sale. We also have popcorn and pop. So, my contribution to the baked items are peanut butter cookies. Normally, I would bring brownies but other parents are bringing them this time. With my working every day now and also the kids having a home ball game tomorrow night, it meant that I would have no time to get the baking done on Monday. So, today was baking day.
The cookie baking got me into the mood to bake, so I made the family blueberry muffins as well as chocolate chip muffins for breakfast this morning. This is something they really like and I seldom make. I ended up with a total of 5 dozen muffins and whatever isn't eaten up today will be put in baggies and froze for later on. They are easily thawed and make great on-the-run breakfast items as well as quick items for lunch boxes.
This in turn led to me think "Shelly, do you want to bake some brownies now?" and I almost did it. But I have to draw the line somewhere. LOL So the baking experience ended for the day and I cleaned up the kitchen so I could get back to my computer and the blogging I need to accomplish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment