Monday, June 20, 2011

Crochet Project - Afghan


Well, I did it! I finally finished the afghan that I started back at the beginning of March. It's been sitting on the corner of my desk all this time, waiting for my attention. I used four colors of Red Heart worsted weight yarn...Gray Heather, White, Burgundy, and Navy. I used a J hook. There was no specific pattern for this afghan. I just started with a square in the corner and went from there. I wanted it to be all wunky and crocheted from a corner out. Does that make sense? I'd seen similar afghans on the web and thought, "hey...that's cute". So I decided to try and make one myself. Anyway, here it is. I hope you all like it!

4 comments:

  1. Shelly, it is so nice but I can't tell for sure. Did you do this in strips or was it made up of squares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i started with a square, then crocheted along one side with another color. then crocheted along the other side with a different color. adding more length and width as i went. no sewing it together. does this make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sorta reminds me of a log~cabin quilt pattern. verr'niiiice. grins, debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep. the log cabin was the inspiration for this.

    ReplyDelete