Saturday, May 8, 2010

Recipe - Chuckwagon BBQ Rice Round-Up

I tried a new recipe for dinner last night. Three of my five family members liked it. I guess that's not bad. I doubled the recipe as I thought it would be a big hit. I had about 2/3 of it for leftovers today but they are going fast. It was easy to make and only required the one skillet. That's a plus in my book! The recipe below is the regular recipe...not doubled.

Chuckwagon BBQ Rice Round-Up

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 (6.8 oz.) pkg. beef Rice-a-Roni type mix
2 Tbsp. margarine or butter
2 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. BBQ sauce
1/2 cup or 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

1. In a large skiller over medium-high heat, brown ground beef until well cooked. Remove from skillet; drain. Set aside.

2. In same skillet, over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.

3. Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups water, corn, and special seasonings packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.

4. Stir in BBQ sauce and ground beef. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment