Friday, March 1, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Well, it feels like I've been gone for ages.  Actually, it's been a week.  Geez.  
If you remember, on the 20th, we had our first BIG snow storm of the Winter.  It dumped about 10 inches of snow on us and we ended up having 2 days out of school.
Well, Monday night it started snowing again.  And we got 13 inches of snow overnight.  But it just kept right on snowing and we had another 4 or more inches by the next morning.  Then it snowed through that whole day and into the next.  As I'm typing this, it's snowing again and has been all day long.
We've got over 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground.  (sigh)
There's nothing like getting it all at once.
Our town has really suffered with all the snow.  Lots of power lines, cable lines, phone lines, trees, telephone poles, etc. down on the ground.  After three days, they are still working at getting all the lines and stuff hung back up.  Most people have electricity now too.  I lucked out and mine only blinked off about four times, but there were those without power for more than two days.  I felt for them!
Now, to show you a bit of the timeline of the snow storm, I've put together a few photos for you.
 This is the beginning of the snow on Monday night.
 This is what I woke up to on Tuesday morning.
 And a view of the truck Tuesday morning.
 As well as my most favorite photo of the Winter.  This is across the street (also on Tuesday morning).
 I had to call in help in the form of my neighbor boy.  He shoveled and shoveled and shoveled snow.  And this is what I was left with.  Now imagine, it's still snowing.
 Big Daddy and Small T made a run out to view the town and get a few groceries.  (on Tuesday)
 Then, this is what I found Wednesday morning when I woke up.
 A shot of the truck (Wed. morning).
 This is on Thursday when we were out shoveling the alley so we could get into the garages.  Big Daddy is standing next to the snow.  He's 5 foot 11, so imagine how deep the snow is.
And this is the front view of the house yesterday.
We have a lot of snow if anyone would like some!

No comments:

Post a Comment