Saturday, March 9, 2013

Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket (Stash Buster)

After many days of working on this blanket, I finally finished it last night.
It's called the Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket and it's a free knitting pattern on the Lion Brand website.
 I used 2 skeins of Caron's Simply Soft yarn in Sunshine.  And a size 9 circular knitting needle.
I had bought this yarn on clearance so once I had a whole skein of yarn in it (while increasing), I knew I had to start decreasing (with the second skein) regardless of the row I was on.  So, I have 159 rows of increases instead of 207 like the pattern calls for.
 I love the detail of knitted baby blankets.
 The border is worked as you are knitting it.  Lovely.
The final, folded up blanket.  So pretty.  I love it!.
As a side note, remember when I said I bought the yarn on clearance?  I paid $1.50 per skein.  That makes this a $3.00 baby blanket.  Wow!

3 comments:

  1. So nice...and it is amazing that it turned out to be that inexpensive! It is a great idea for a gift...amde with love, but kind to the budget...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and you're right...it's great that it was so inexpensive!

      Delete