Monday, March 18, 2013

Knitting Tip

In case you don't know, I'm a beginning knitter.  I'm teaching myself instead of having someone else teach me.  Sometimes this works out ok, and sometimes it doesn't.  This leads me to my "Knitting Tip".  Whenever I have a question about how to do something, I go to You Tube.  I swear, there's a video on there for everything.  So far, this has been working out great for me.  I can see someone else demonstrate how to do whatever I am stuck on and even watch it over and over until I feel comfortable with doing it myself.  In the past month or so, I have looked up the following knitting questions:
1.  How do you "yo" in knitting?
2.  How do you add a new skein of yarn in knitting?
I know that these seem like very basic questions but honestly...I had no idea how to do these things and looking at my "How to Knit" book and reading the directions just wasn't doing it for me.  I couldn't find the answer to either one of these questions in the two books that I have.
So...there's my very first "Knitting Tip".  Hope it helps someone else out.

4 comments:

  1. I have a friend who crochets the same way. She swears by youtube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I totally agree with your friend! You Tube has been a knitting life saver for me!

      Delete
  2. You Tube has helped me with my crochet over and over and over. I am so glad I don't have to pay for all my lessons.

    ReplyDelete