Saturday, March 9, 2013

Ski Mask (Stash Buster)

My Sister-in-law called me this week with a request.  Her grandson, Muffin Man, needed a ski mask for when he plays outside.  He's going to be 3 in May, and after a bit of searching, I finally found a pattern that fits a 4 year-old.  It's a free pattern and can be found here .
I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn in Autumn Red.  The yarn came out of my stash and it took about half of the skein of yarn to make this.
I'm still waiting to hear from Muffin Man's mom if the ski mask fits.
**Edited to add...the hat is pretty big.  In fact, I need to make it smaller for him.  I will try going down a size with my hook and see what happens.  Here's a photo of Muffin Man wearing the hat.
The mask is so big that the eye opening is big enough to leave his eyes and nose uncovered.  So...I'm going to try and fix this.

4 comments:

  1. That's lovely I bet it's nice and warm.
    Don't forget to link it up Shelly :)


    http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/would-you-like-to-party_5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I went and linked up yesterday. By the way, the ski hat was a bit big, so I will be making another one with a smaller sized hook.

      Delete
  2. Un trabajo muy bonito y original . Enhorabuena por tu blog , hay mucho arte .Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I translated your message but I don't think it turned out right. I'm glad you enjoyed visiting my blog. :)

      Delete