Monday, March 18, 2013

Elise Shawl

Small T has her own Pinterest account and once in awhile she will pin a project that she would like me to make.  These projects involve a variety of crafting methods, but she does enjoy a good crochet project once in awhile too.  In fact, the project she most often asks me to make is called the Elise Shawl.  The pattern can be found here .  It's a free Ravelry download.
 I started this shawl last night while watching The Hunger Games movie with Small T.  It's a repetitive pattern and very easy to work once you get the hang the of it.
I finished the shawl this morning and still need to block it out, but it looks pretty good as it is.  (I am definitely blocking it though as she really likes the "points" along the edge.)  
I used a heavier yarn that specified (Simply Soft in Off White - 2 skeins) but it's not overly heavy.  I am actually thinking of making her one using some leftover fingering yarn I have (from a baby blanket project).
This project was another Stash Buster Project for me.  I like that I was able to make this for Small T AND use up some of my yarn stash at the same time!

6 comments:

  1. it's beautiful Shelly I can't believe you have finished it so quickly :)
    Don't forget to link up.

    http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/would-you-like-to-party_5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks linda! i did forget about linking up. i'll go do that right now. thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you odid this shawl so quickly. I got the pattern but can't figure it out. So I never got past the second row!!!! Will have to try again one day when I have some patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I had a bit of trouble figuring it out at first too. If I can help in any way, I'm happy to do it. Trust me, it works up very quickly. And once you get the hang of the two pattern rows, you can do it by heart. :)

      Delete
  3. Este chal esta muy bonito , enhorabuena y un saludo desde Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is for my daughter. She wanted me to make one for her. She plans to wear it around her neck like a scarf. But with the point facing in front. :) Where do you live in Spain? I hosted an exchange student from Madrid three years ago.

      Delete