Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Every Day Beanie - Free Pattern (Stash Buster Project #9)

This evening, I was working on a Chemo Cap for a friend and even though I like the pattern I was using, I wanted something a bit different.  I grabbed my hook, yarn, paper & pen and this is what I came up with.  

(My model is away for the evening so I was stuck trying to take a photo of myself wearing the beanie...it's harder than it looks!)  

The Every Day Beanie - Free Pattern
Simply Soft WW yarn (from my stash of yarn)
J crochet hook
yarn needle for weaving in ends

Ch 5, join with a sl st to first chain, forming a ring.
1- ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch 3.
2- ch 3, dc in same sp, work 2 dc in each st around, join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch 3.
3- ch 3, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around, join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch 3.
4- ch 3, dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around, join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch 3.
5- ch 3, dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat from * around, join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch 3.
6- ch 3, dc in next st and in each st around, join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch 3.
7 thru 10- repeat round 6.
11- ch 1, sc in next st and in each st around, join with a sl st to beg ch 1.
12 & 13- repeat row 11.
14- ch 1, rev sc in next st and in each st around, join with a sl st to beg ch 1, fasten off, weave in ends.

**Edited to add.....Small T tried this on and says that it is too plain, or perfect for a boy.  So...I need to add some embellishment.  Maybe a flower.  I'll be hitting the drawing board later today to see what I can come up with.  (It's a good thing I have a fashionable teen in my house!)

3 comments:

  1. Well done Shelly I have done similar for a child but haven't written the pattern down yet. Thank you for your pattern. Are you going to weigh your stuff Shelly to see how many grams you have busted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your friend, but it is great that you can make her a hat. If it is for a woman, definitely a flower would be great (even in the same color, and maybe a button in the center)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments. I'm thinking that I need to add a flower and your comment helped me make that decision. As far as weighing the items I'm making to determine the amount of yarn used, I have no means of doing that, so at this time, I can't. I will talk to my husband about getting a scale and see what happens. I never thought of doing this. Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete