Monday, February 18, 2013

My Crafty Weekend

Even though we were busy over the weekend, I managed to do a few things.
 Friday night and Saturday morning, I worked up the flower embellishments for the Every Day Beanies that I have been making.  I sewed the flowers on and added a pretty button to the middle.  I had Small T and Erica take some photos of themselves wearing the beanies, but they were messing around a lot and the photos aren't that great.  Oh well.
By the way, this is how I make the flowers:
 For the roses, I chained 40.  Then, sc in the 2nd ch from hook.  Ch 2, sk 1 st, sc in next st, all the way to the end.  Then, *ch 3, in the ch 2 sp work (5 tc, sl st), repeat from * all the way across.  At the end, leave a really long tail of yarn for sewing the rose together and then sewing it to the headband.  When you put the rose together, just start with one end and keep curling it around until you like the way it looks.
This is a horrible photo but at least it shows Small T modeling the green hat.
 Yesterday, I started a knitted baby blanket.  I'm using the Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket pattern off of the Lion Brand website.  You can find the pattern here.  The yarn I'm using is Simply Soft in the color Sunshine.  The knitting needles are a size 9.
I also started another Posh Poncho yesterday.  I'm using Simply Soft yarn in Black and a size G hook.

4 comments:

  1. I love knitted/crocheted hats! They look like they turned out really well; I love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy again! Love your hats and flowers. The poncho looks cool - the pink one was fab too!
    ...and a baby blanket I really admire your woolly stamina!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hats look really cute with the flowers! Looking forward to seeing your other projects finished. You are really progressing fast. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashley, Ali and Ana BC. I'm having a great time using up my stash and making lots of wonderful items at the same time!

    ReplyDelete