Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Free Pattern - Curly Fries Scarf - Stash Buster Project #14

Ok...I have to admit it...I love Curly Q scarves but it is so hard to find one that I look good wearing.  You see, I'm a plus-sized woman and very picky (and sometimes, self-conscious) about what I wear.  After the previous FAIL in making a Curly Q scarf, I reworked the scarf yesterday and now I LOVE it!
 This is my favorite way to wear it.
If I'm going to wear it like this, I need to make it a bit longer.

Here's how I made the scarf:

Curly Fries Scarf

This is a tightly curled scarf that has a smaller curl circumference.

Simply Soft yarn (or any other Worsted Weight yarn) - I used the color Grey Heather out of my stash  ((I used less than a whole skein of it...about half or so))
size I crochet hook

ch 200.
1- Hdc in 3rd ch from hook. Work 2 more hdc in same ch. *work 3 hdc in next ch, repeat from * across. ch 2, turn.
2- Work 2 hdc in each st across.  Finish off, weave in ends.


4 comments:

  1. I'ts lovely Shelly you make so many things it's hard to keep up with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that scarf looks very nice on you. You are looking rested. I hope that is true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda & Jen! As for being rested, I'm trying to find extra time to take care of myself these past couple of weeks. We've had a stomach virus go through the house and I've been fighting off a bout of depression that's lurking in the background. Other than that, with a High School Senior in the household and an active Sophomore, things are always hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look great with the curly scarf

    ReplyDelete