Thursday, February 21, 2013

Stash Buster Project #15

I started working on a few granny squares yesterday.  I used 4 smallish sized balls of yarn out of my stash.  They are all Red Heart WW yarn and the colors are Light Blue, White, Delft Blue and Bright Yellow.  I used a size I crochet hook.  The pattern is just a basic granny square but I only worked 2 rounds.  I cut up an old white t-shirt for the inner cushion, sewed the edges together (leaving an opening for stuffing), turned it right side out and stuffed it with fiberfill, then sewed it closed.  After that, I used a single border of sc sts to sew three sides of the crocheted pieces together, inserted the cushion, then finished sewing the pieces closed.
 Here's the front.
And here's the back.
This cushion makes the 15th project of mine in the Stash Buster Challenge.  :)
It's one of my "stay inside and watch it snow" projects that I finished today.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cushion! I like both sides...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wanted to do something "pastel" for a change. I thought the color combo was good, but Small T said "yuck" last night. *sigh* Oh well, at least you like it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool spring colours - its just around the corner?!!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. After this week, I hope Spring is coming quickly.

    ReplyDelete