Saturday, December 14, 2013

Today...

Today has been a busy day.  After cleaning off the truck this morning we ventured out to get Small T and Big C from a friends house out in the country where they stayed over last night.  This was no small feat as we had an entire day of freezing rain yesterday with some snow in the middle of it all.  It took Big Daddy a long time to get the truck de-iced and warmed up before we could head out.
 Once we picked them up, we headed out of town with Small T to the nearest clinic which was 30 miles away.  She has TMJ Disorder and her jaw was killing her.  So she needed to be seen today.  It was a rough 30 mile trip and it ended up taking about 45 minutes to get there.  Between the clinic visit and then going to Wal-Mart pharmacy to get her prescriptions, this trip ended up taking us about 5 hours before we finally arrived back home.  Let me tell you...I was sure glad to get home.
 After arriving home, I hurried up and made Taco Soup for dinner then washed the dishes.  After that, Small T asked me to help her with the Ugly Christmas Sweater for the contest at school on Wednesday.  I started out sewing the bows along the buttons of the vest she's wearing.  She spent the time making a sparkly headband.  We still have several things to sew on the vest, but she's not at home right now to give me "instructions". :)
I usually bake cookies once a year and that's during the Christmas holiday season.  The other day I made up several batches of different cookies and put the dough in the freezer but tonight I decided to make up a double batch of M&M cookies and bake them right away.  The photo above shows what's left of the first 3 dozen that I baked.  The four guys in the house really hit them hard.  But that's ok.  I'm still baking them and after the initial stampede for cookies, they've slacked off now and I have about 3 dozen on a plate so far.  I should have at least twice that amount by the time I finish up tonight.  Of course, they won't last the weekend, but that's ok.
So...that's my day in a nutshell.  What's everyone else been up to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment