Friday, December 13, 2013

Projects...

I've had very little time for my projects lately, but I did manage to get a few worked in.
 This is the state of the sofa next to where I sit.  Hmmm...guess I need to think about cleaning it up soon.
 I started an afghan using some yarn out of my stash.  I'm making the Color-ific One Piece Throw.  The pattern can be found at www.redheart.com .  Here's the link http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/color-ific-one-piece-throw .
**Edited to add...the yarn I'm using is called Grape Fizz (Red Heart Super Saver)**
 I also made Big Daddy a new stocking cap and scarf.  He picked out the yarn on one of our trips to Columbia when we were able to stop at Hobby Lobby.  I was going to give these to him now, but he said to wrap them up and put them under the tree.  I used my Simple Super-Long Scarf pattern, minus the fringe, for this scarf.  You can find the pattern here.  As for the stocking cap, I made it up as I went.  He wanted it longer so that he could fold up the edge, so that's what I did.
**Edited to add...I used I Love This Yarn in Autumn Stripe**
 While at Hobby Lobby, I found this lovely "yarn" with the sparkle along the edge.  I'm making Small T a scarf out of it.  It will be wrapped up and put under the tree too.  The pattern for the scarf was on the back of the yarn wrapper.
**Edited to add...the "yarn" is Yarn Bee Chrysalis Metallics in Dustywing**
This is what it looks like all wound up and ready to be used.
**Edited to add...I have finished this scarf tonight but I don't want to take a completed photo of it until I can take one of Small T wearing it.  So...photo to come, hopefully.**
I also made two slouchy hats...one gray, one black.  I got an order for them last weekend.  I forgot to take a photo though, so I can't share them with you.
I also had an order for a very complicated, knitted stocking.  Since I'm not the best knitter, and there was so little time to complete it in, I had to turn the order down.
I also made a few more Hackey Sacks for some of the kids in the family.  I don't have a photo of them either.  Sorry.
Well, that's my crafting update.

No comments:

Post a Comment