Sunday, December 29, 2013

Scarf #3

I finally finished the 3rd scarf that was a Christmas gift.
 This yarn did not come out of my stash.  I had to actually purchase a skein of the Red Heart Boutique Sashay in the color Hip Hop.  I used the pattern on the back of the yarn wrapper to make the scarf.  I did the crochet version instead of the knitted version.  I've made both versions and I like them equally.
I really don't mind using this yarn, but honestly...there's nothing worse than getting half way through unwinding it and finding a big mess (shown above).  I figure if I'm paying up to $8 for a skein of this, I should get one that isn't spliced together in a big knot somewhere in the middle of the skein.  I lucked out and paid $4.47 plus tax for this, but really....I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known about the knot.  It left an unsightly mess when I was crocheting the scarf.  Sometimes...quality is worth paying for.  I don't always want to use the cheap yarn for all my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment