Monday, June 27, 2011

Today...


Here are a couple of photos that show some of the damage the storms caused last night. My home and property survived just fine, but others weren't so lucky. The tree in the bottom photo took out power lines, snapped the pole, took down the street light, street sign and is resting on a fire hydrant. This happened just around the corner from my sister Dea's house. There are many more trees down around the town and several roads were blocked but are now clear. While we were driving around town, this is the only road I could find that was still blocked. Our one-man city crew was out and about early and doing a great job for us once again!

I finished up the final two squares for Throw #2. I have all 12 sitting next to my desk waiting to be stitched together. But that's going to have to wait for a bit. I'm going to spend about an hour tonight working on the Dottie Angel Baby Blanket before I go to bed. My guys have to get up at 3 a.m. to take Medium J to Kansas for his oncology appointment. It's been 6 weeks since his surgery. I am unable to go with them because I have to work at the pool tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment