Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recipe - Easy Scones

Since bread and bread items are still so scarce in our vicinity, I'm on a mission to find recipes to make my own items.  Here is a recipe that I found for Easy Scones.  I will definitely give it a try.  I plan to use the recipe to make my own Heavy Cream as well.  It's not something I keep on hand.

Easy Scones

3 c. self-rising flour
3/4 c. lemon-lime soda (such as Sprite)
3/4 c. heavy cream

*note....If you don't keep heavy cream on hand, you can make your own.  
This measurements will be equal to one cup of heavy cream.
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup butter
Method:
Melt the butter.
Mix milk with butter & stir well.
Use in place of one cup of heavy cream
 *This will not "whip", so isn't suitable for that purpose.

1.  Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2.  Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center.  With a fork, gently stir in the soda and the cream, mixing until incorporated (do not over mix).

3.  Drop 8 large spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.  Sprinkle with raw or granulated sugar, if desired, and bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.  Serve warm with butter and honey or jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment